Living in Australia is expensive. It's no secret that the cost of living in Australia can be pretty high. You're probably already spending a lot on your home or apartment, and you might also have to pay for gas or electricity bills on top of that.
The good news is there are plenty of things you can do to save money on energy bills.
Here are 10 fast tips to help you cut down your costs so you don't have to worry about paying more than necessary:
- Switch off appliances when they aren't being used
- Use fans instead of air conditioners and heaters as much as possible
- Make sure all of your appliances are operating efficiently
- Get a programmable thermostat and set it to turn on/off at certain times
- Put solar panels up! If you're eligible, this might be the best option for you.
- Don't cook when there's no need – buy pre-cooked food
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room
- Get an energy-saving lightbulb – they cost more upfront but pay for themselves over time.
- Solar panels are one of the best ways to save money on electricity costs – they don't just work in Australia, they also help reduce carbon emissions and have other environmental benefits
- Install a programmable power meter
Tip: Maintain your appliances so that they're operating at peak efficiency. It's worth it to take some time and make sure all of them are running efficiently,