It’s no secret that it can be difficult to save money in today’s world. With the rising cost of living and the constant need for updated technology, it seems like there is never enough money left over at the end of each month. We have compiled a list of 16 ways you can start saving some cash starting tonight!
16 genius ways to start saving money today
- Track your spending habits. Log what you spend money on and how much each month to get a better idea of where all the cash is going
- Make some adjustments in your budget to find extra funds (ex: getting rid of subscription TV)
- Cook at home instead of eating out as often, or invest in meal kits
- Ask for money as a birthday or holiday present if you know people are planning on buying you something
- Talk to your credit card company about lowering your rates and making them more manageable
- Take advantage of every opportunity to save, whether that be discounted items at Ross Dress For Less or Groupon deals
- Don’t pay full price for makeup or clothes. Compare prices and buy what’s on sale
- Take care of your car to save money in the long run
- Start a side hustle, whether it be freelance work, pet sitting, driving with Lyft or delivering food with Uber Eats
- Shop around before buying anything expensive (ex: TV) to see if there are better deals
- Don’t buy anything unless you absolutely need it
- Get a gym membership and use the free WiFi to work from home, or put your phone on airplane mode for an hour each day (ex: when commuting) to save battery life. This will limit distractions and reduce how much data is used during that hour
- Switch to an electric car (or a hybrid) if you have the opportunity. They are cheaper in the long run, and this one change can save you thousands over time!