There are plenty of ways to save money, no matter whether you have a lot of the stuff or a little. Read on to discover three simple ways to lower bills and save more money every month.
Here’s the key tip for saving more money
You need to know where to look for the savings. If you get this right, you’ll save money in every aspect of life from food, petrol, clothes and big-ticket items like furniture, mortgages and all of your insurance policies.
Tip 1: Get rid of all unnecessary expenses
- Buying lunches when you can make them
- Eating out at restaurants when you can head to the park for a picnic
- Any unnecessary subscriptions where you can get the same for free (E.g Swap buying magazines for borrowing them at the library)
- Get rid of cable TV (i.e Invest in an Apple TV or the like and watch show that way)
- Shave down the cost of groceries by menu planning and cooking in bulk
Note: Understand you can still reward yourself
It’s OK to reward yourself once in a while, but if you are really looking to get out of debt faster, you owe it to yourself to save every single penny you can!
Tip 2: Keep a close eye on your bank statements
- Get rid of your credit card if you can – they’re a trap
- Replace your credit card with a debit card
- Visit your accounts daily and check for errors
- Reduce the rate on your credit card to 0% interest (swap companies)
Tip 3: Shop around for lower prices
- Spend dedicated time calling and shopping around for better deals
- Most companies will drop their prices if you threaten to leave
- Bargain hard – every dollar counts (don’t be shy)
- Do this for all services including telephone, internet, insurance, mortgages, utilities and everything else on your list
- A little pain now will result in really big savings over time
Do you have any tips on how to save money every month? Be sure to leave them in comments below.