Have you starting thinking about the New Year yet? Perhaps you want to lose weight, find a new job or spend more time with the family. A new year means setting new goals and aspiring to great and amazing things with a fresh start
So, why not make saving money one of those goals.
Are you a homeowner?
If you’re a homeowner, there are ample ways you can cut costs and still live a happy comfortable life. Read on to discover four simple money-saving tips for saving around the home.
1. Set a Budget
Figure out exactly how much you spend on the home maintenance. Compare each month’s expenses with the previous month’s to get a better idea of how much to budget for each necessity. Then, see what costs you can cut. Once you set your budget, stick to it without question. Be strict about this.
2. Save money on utilities
Energy these days is a money-sapping monster, especially during the colder and hotter months of the year.
- By caulking, sealing and weather-stripping all cracks and openings in your home, you can save 10 percent or more on your energy bill.
- Replacing older appliances with newer, more energy-efficient alternatives.
- Switch to LED bulbs, which are four times more energy efficient than older standard bulbs.
- Shop around for a lower interest rate on your home loan. You’ll save hundreds each month.
- Purchase a home warranty insurance. Most homeowners don’t account for possible repairs (for home systems and appliances) in their annual budget. You can read more about Home Warranty Insurance here.
Got some great tips for saving money if you are a homeowner? Leave them in comments below.