Want to save more money at the supermarket? If you have ever found a $20 note or even a $100 note in the pocket of an old jacket or pair of jeans, you will understand the importance of saving money at the supermarket. If you go through all the pockets in your wardrobe I bet you’ll find money! (Try under the seats in your car too – always a goldmine for me!) With the right attitude you will quickly find yourself, counting notes you haven’t spent onto the kitchen bench after a grocery shop with a big fat smile on your face.
Attitude is everything at the supermarket. Taking the job seriously, like it is a job (and your boss is watching), is the key to supermarket success! Think of yourself like a super athlete in the supermarket. Every decision you make costs money. The speed at which you shop costs money. Are you up for the challenge? If you are, you’ll be sitting pretty in that new dream home, car or boat before August comes around again. Seriously!
Decisions equal big dollars
Each decision costs dollars
Think of each decision you make at the supermarket as one dollar or a few minutes at work. You will make strategically better decisions when you link your thoughts directly to money or the hours it took you to make the money.
Aim to get in and out of the supermarket within a certain timeframe. For example, set a timer on your phone for ten minutes.
Are you a strategic shopping athlete?
Speed it up
- Be fast, be focused and then get out. Put your skates on.
- Pretend you left some potatoes boiling on the stove at home. This will speed up your grocery shopping process.
Go into the supermarket with a ‘challenge’ attitude. Set yourself a budget challenge and see if you can meet it. Try an odd number like $70 or halve your usual spend and see what you can achieve.
Grow instant willpower
Take a willpower challenge each time you go to the supermarket. Buy only what is on your list and practice not buying anything extra, and this means, not one extra item. Put that chocolate bar back!
Need more great tips for saving money at the supermarket?
If you need more ways to save money at the supermarket download money saving cheat sheets and printables! Use up leftovers, create quick and easy meals, find healthy budget lunch and dinner ideas!
- 75+ awesome ways to save on alcohol
- 250 essential tips for saving on food and groceries
- 50 sneaky ways to hide fruit and veggies in food
- 130+ easy cook-ahead dinners for the freezer
- 150+ beaut budget dinner ideas
- 50+ simple meal ideas using sausages
- 250+ super foods for a better you
- 100 happy and healthy high fibre foods
- 50 great ideas for using up roast beef leftovers
- 100 wicked ways with a supermarket roast chicken
- 300+ easy ideas for a happy lunch box
- 100 easy dinner ideas using minced beef
- 50 simple ways to use up leftover Christmas ham
- 100+ budget meal ideas using Aldi ingredients